Thursday, January 19, 2012

M.A.C. Deep Sea vs. Nicole by OPI Khloe Had a Little Lam-lam


So, I ordered my first M.A.C polish and was SO excited to get it in last night.  Upon first look I immediately thought of Nicole by OPI Khloe Had a Little Lam-lam from the Kardashian Kolors. I thought I would do a little comparison...now I'm just depressed.  This deep teal is my favorite color of all times, so I'm still happy to have these colors, just wish I hadn't spent as much money as I did.

Here's the colors from online:
nordstrom.com
amazon.com
 Here they are side by side:
I was thinking, "This can't be right." So, I decided to wear them side by side.  I used 3 coats of each, taking pictures of each coat as I went.  The weather today is gloomy and depressing and had trouble getting a good picture with lack of light, but did my best.  I found that they are similar in price, yet Nicole by OPI is a few dollars less and available in stores like Wal-Mart and Walgreens- much more convenient.  It took me 5 days to get my M.A.C. through FedEx, so needless to say I was disappointed at my results.
 


I absolutely CANNOT tell the difference!



 Even closeup the difference is impossible to see. I even had to make a note to myself which brand I put on which finger. I wasn't planning on this and wish I had chosen a different color from M.A.C. To add to all of my sadness, it's my opinion that Nicole by OPI is a better polish- it went on smoother, the brush was bigger, and it was easier on the wallet (although the link that I included from Amazon on the Nicole polish was selling it for $20, but I got it at Wal-Mart for $11.)  With all this being said, I almost wish I hadn't done the comparison.

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Oh God, I feel you. Went on a trip to Hong Kong and saw the pretty Khloe Had A Little Lam-Lam shade and bought it... Only to come home, swatch it (because I was excited to wear it, but wanted to wear Dior Saint-Tropez first) only to find out that it had already been swatched on the nail wheel! The culprit? MAC Deep Sea.

    Dang it.

    ReplyDelete