Saturday, January 28, 2012

China Glaze/Essie Gradient

Good afternoon polish lovers! So, this week has been crazzzzy! I started my new job- well I started training for my new job:) I will be a "relationship banker" or formerly known as a CSR. I was a teller long years ago (like 7 yrs ago lol), and want to move up...so I am. I am super excited and really enjoyed this week! The weather hasn't been very nice to us though, plus I haven't had any time to swatch.  So, when I woke up today and it was soooo sunny and beautiful outside, well, I knew what I had to do!

I have been watching tutorials on YouTube, and saw this really cool one on gradient nails, so I thought I would give it a try! I wanted something kinda spring-y that would stand out. I thought I'd go with some blues. I really like the results I got!

First I started out by painting the tips of my nails with China Glaze For Audrey, which I LOVE! I love Tiffany's color blue and this is almost a perfect match to it! I kinda waited for that to dry and added a little extra to the very tips. Then, I used Essie Absolutely Shore, which is a light minty color.  I went down half way with one coat then went down a little further and lighter with a second coat. Then, one nail at a time right after Essie I used China Glaze White Cap, which I used last week.  It's an sheer, iridescent white and gold glittery...and one of my fav colors. I went almost all the way down to my cuticle with one coat and kinda swished with two colors together creating a more even gradient look. I topped it off with Seche Vite Top Coat and THAT'S IT! It was a lot easier than I thought, but know I can still do better.
Here's what I used in order from L to R: China Glaze For Audrey,
Essie Absolutely Shore, and CG White Cap

I took like a million pictures of this! I had so much fun playing with my camera in the sun lol. I was trying to get as far away but still use my macro, so I could get a good view of my whole look. This was so much fun and I can't wait to do another gradient! Please let me know what you think!!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment