Monday, August 13, 2012

Fun With Studs and Bows

Hello Monday polish people! I  haven't really been doing much swatching lately. I don't know what's up with my body, but it's just been one thing afer another since we came in from vacation. I feel like I'm just getting a head cold now, but alas! It is not enough to keep me away from my polish! I went to the doctor this morning and have a sinus infection (so basically a cold), except they gave me 2 shots and 5 different meds. I'm also having a bad flareup with my eczema, so I'm a little doped up and still feel like crap, but I'm still here:)
I've been doing a lot of rearranging and organization, as I've been showing some pictures, trying to get all my polishes and things in the place where I want them, but I keep changing my mind! Damn freewill...ha.
Well, I am trying to incorrporate more nail art into my manis, but I'm still in the kindergarten phase haha. Please let me know how I can improve...whether it's my nails, the way I paint, ideas, my pictures I take...whatever!

 .
 So, I used Orly Bonder as my basecoat then used 2 coats of Cult Nails Spontaneous, a gorgeous purple with purple micro glitter, which I left as the top color on my ring finger. Then I used 1 coat of OPI Significant Other Color, which I think is a very sheer, beautiful duochrome of pink, green, and kind of this orangy-red, I guess more of a multi-chrome. I thought it would be a more pink color, but this is defintely a duochrome, where more than one color is the primary color, even though the bottle appears pink/purple.

I then tried to get crafty and use some studs I bought off of the Cult Nails website. I used the 2012 Cheeky Monkey plate CH1, which I got on Amazon on sale now for $15.99, 26 plates in all.  I used Konad's stamping polish in black for the bows. And of course I finish it off with a thick coat of Seche Vite.



(my blogger all of a sudden won't let me enlarge or add captions to my pictures).  Don't mind my middle finger (I "bleeped" it out because it's partly broken!) eep! Well, I feel like crap, so I'm going back to bed. Let me know what you think, and has anyone else been experincing problems with blogger, also? Well, toodles mah noodles! Hope everyone has a great week!



Photobucket

2 comments: