Sunday, July 8, 2012

Essie Gradient Glitter Sunday

Well, this weekend is over...back to the daily grind tomorrow. That's ok...I have a vacation coming up in 2 weeks! Yay. My first paid vacation in almost 3 years! Well, I will  make this short and sweet. I always do my nails for work on Monday. I'm waiting to get my stud nail art from Cult Nails tomorrow, so I wasn't planning on doing anything but just one color, but I couldn't help myself. I have been looking on tumblr and the web this weekend and have seen so many cool ideas I had to try something simple but with a lil sompin-sompin...


This is what I used:

Essie Splash of Grenadine, NOPI Fabulous is My Middle Name, and Nina Pro Glamrock. This Essie color is one of my favortist colors and I've used probably half the bottle. I used the NOPI glitter because it's thinner and has rectangle strips mixed in with smaller different colors of glitter. I've had the Glamrock for a while and used it on Addie. It's a thick black and silver glitter. You only need one good coat of this sucker to get a full application.





 It started to rain just as I went outside to take my pictures, so I ended up getting stuck under our shed with not much light. Well, I used Seche Clear basecoat, 2 coats of Essie, then I used a thin coat of the NOPI almost up to the tip. I then used a thin coat of Glamrock and right after used another thin coat of NOPI to sprad the glitter around and kind of mix it together. I really like the strips of glitter and was my fav part of this mani. I then decided to top it off with a rhinestone and 2 thick coats of Seche Vite...voile!

Well, I wish everyone a wonderful fantabulous week! As promised, I will leave you all with a lil somthing:

1 comment:

  1. This is lovely, quite different from the usual gradient look. Edgier somehow? And the gem is a lovely touch.

    ReplyDelete