Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Hello Spring...I've Missed You! Fun with Revlon Pink Lingerie

This weather is awful! We were in a tornado warning for a while this afternoon and it's at 100% rain all day today and tomorrow. Boo. Well, Happy Tuesday to all! I had a great weekend shopping for some decor for my house and new addition to our hamster cage so she can have more room to play. I'll be getting a puppy in a couple of weeks! I'm so excited!!!

I think I have finally began to fix my lighting or lack thereof issue I've been talking about.  I have bought 2 of those cheap student bendable lamps and put them side by side then change the setting on my DSLR that makes my pictures look much better. I still have some more playing around until I can finally have an actual light box, but until then, I will continue to play around with different kinds of light. These were taken inside, at night, with both lamps and a flash.

SO...onto the polish. I went shopping for some polish this past weekend and found quite a stash of spring beauties. I was really looking for CG Hunger Games Collection- which I found! (after 3 Sally's stores) But I wanted a spring, pastel look.  Well, I was checking out the Nailasaurus blog and saw this AWESOME look she created that you can see here.  So, giving credit where credit is due, I did just what she did to create this simple yet stylish look.

I started out with my Stuck On You basecoat by CC, then I used 2 coats of Revlon Pink Lingerie. I'm not a pink wearer, but this color is awesome. It's bright but still considered a pastel, so it's both spring and summer. It goes great with darker skin tones. 

 Then I used NOPI Rainbow in the S-Kylie on my tips and kind of did a gradient thing and used 2 coats on the very tip. Lastly I used 2 coats of Seche Vite. I got a lot of compliments on this look and would love to use some other colors with this same idea. Then I want to reverse it and have a half moon look with a solid color and glitter at the bottom.



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment